- Takealot Company Overview
- What are the Requirements to Sell on Takealot
- how much does it cost to sell on Takealot
- What can i Sell On Takealot
- How do I Sell On Takealot
Takealot Company Overview
Founded in 2011, Takealot is a leading player in the South African e-commerce landscape. Takealot allows customers to browse and purchase items online, and it provides delivery services to bring the products to customers doorsteps.
What are the Requirements to Sell on Takealot
- Business Registration: You need to have a registered business entity, such as a company or sole proprietorship, with a valid South African business registration number.
- South African Bank Account: You must have a South African bank account to receive payments from Takealot.
- Product Compliance: Ensure that the products you intend to sell comply with South African laws and regulations, including safety and labelling requirements.
- VAT Registration (if applicable): If your annual turnover exceeds the South African Revenue Service (SARS) threshold for VAT registration, you may need to register for VAT.
- Product Catalogue: Prepare a catalogue of the products you want to sell on Takealot, including product descriptions, images, and prices.
- Quality Images: High-quality images of your products are essential for listings on Takealot. They should meet the platform’s image quality standards.
- Competitive Pricing: Pricing your products competitively is crucial to succeed on the platform. Research similar products and set competitive prices.
- Reliable Supply Chain: Ensure that you have a reliable supply chain in place to fulfill orders promptly and consistently.
- Customer Support: Be prepared to provide good customer service, including responding to customer inquiries and handling returns or issues.
- Fulfilment Method: Decide whether you will fulfil orders yourself or use Takealot’s Fulfilment by Takealot (FBT) service, where Takealot handles warehousing, packing, and shipping.
how much does it cost to sell on Takealot
Takealot charges a Monthly fee of R400 per Seller Account. You can Cancel your takealot any time. If you decide to use takealot Fulfilment Method, you can expect to pay R20 – R360 depending on size. Storage Fees are calculated on stock available, on a 0- 35 days stock cover, if Overstocked you can expect to pay R4 – 450 depending on packaged product size.
Takealot Fulfilment Method Fees
Takealot Storage Fees
What can i Sell On Takealot
You can Sell, Baby & Toddler, Beauty, Books, Cameras, Camping & Outdoors, Cellphones & Wearables, Computers & Tablets, Fashion, Gaming, Garden, Pool & Patio, Health, Home & Kitchen, Luggage & Travel Movies & Series, Music, Office & Stationery, Pets ,Sport TV, Audio & Video, Toys, Vouchers.
Takealot Charges Success Fees,which are Takealot referral fees, and cover transactional Cost, customer support and all round platform support.
How do I Sell On Takealot
Get started with 5 easy steps:
- Application: Start by applying at the official takealot website. (https://www.takealot.com/sell)
- Approval: Take 1-10 business days.
- Registration: Complete your takealot seller account, by submiting required information and documents.
- On boarding: Learn about Takealot processes and choose your stock model.
- Sales: Finally get your products live and start selling.
Is it profitable to sell on Takealot?
Yes, it’s profitable to sell on this platform. However platform fees like subscriptions, success fees and other fees may apply. Regularly Monitor your sales growth and opportunities, to estimate your Takealot Revenue use the Fees Calculator.
Takealot is a huge e-commerce platform and high in competition. Remember to do competitor research, industry research, and other relevant research before making huge investments.