There are many ways to get paid for social media posts or to get paid to post by brands. In this guide, you will learn the most efficient and profitable ways to earn and how many followers you need for each monetization option.
Everything you need to know about making money on social media:
- How many followers do you need on Instagram to get paid?
- 7 Best Ways To Make Money on Instagram
- How many followers on Twitter to get paid?
- To be Eligible for the Creators Ad Revenue Sharing Program You Must:
- The Eligibility Criteria to Participate In Creator Subscription includes:
- How to start getting paid on Facebook?
- Facebook offers 4 monetizing options
How many followers do you need on Instagram to get paid?
You need at least 700+ engaged followers to be eligible to earn on Instagram. Instagram accounts such as travel, tech/gaming, sport, Art, Lifestyle, and fitness coach often get the most followers. We recommend a minimum of 2,000 engaged followers for better earnings.
To gain more followers on IG you need to post relevant content and know how to use hashtags properly in order to earn via Instagram, Although there is no strict minimum to collaborate with Brands on Instagram the higher the number of followers, the higher your revenue.
7 Best Ways To Make Money on Instagram
- Create Content Subscription
- Be a creator and get paid by Instagram
- Buy and sell in Instagram Direct
- Sell affiliate products(You need to sign up for an affiliate program first)
- Branded content- get paid to post
- Open an Instagram store and sell products/gadgets
How many followers on Twitter to get paid?
Twitter has more than 206 million daily active users, most users on Twitter follow trending topics, network, share news, and some are on the platform to generate revenue. Generating revenue on Twitter has become more easier in 2023. Earlier this year, Elon Musk Introduced the Revenue Sharing Program and Subscriptions. However to make use of these Features you must be a Verified User on X(Formerly Twitter). X Offers Subscription packages for Individuals/Creators and Organizations.
1. To be Eligible for the Creators Ad Revenue Sharing Program You Must:
- Be Subscribed to X premium/Verified Organizations
- 500+ Followers
- 5 Million+ Organic Impressions on your posts within the last 3 Months
When Approved you can Easily Manage and track your Estimated Earnings on the X creator Dashboard.
2. The Eligibility Criteria to Participate In Creator Subscription includes:
- 500+ Followers
- Be 18 Years or Older
- Active in the past 30 days
- Be a Verified User
Read their Subscription Policy for a Complete List of Eligibility Criteria.
However, If you do not Qualify for any of the 2 Mentioned above you can choose to monetize through brands and Sponsored posts
Brands often choose to monetize through Influencers with about 10 000+ followers, but in some cases, they often go to users with less than 9000 followers. For example, brands often look at how many people are engaging with your content, views/shares, and the authenticity of your content/tweets.
How to start getting paid on Facebook?
Creator Studio, it’s a free-to-use studio on Facebook. Facebook is one of the most extensive social networks out there, so if you want to earn money through it, you need to know how to do it right. Eligible accounts with more than 10,000 followers can monetize their content and manage brand collaboration.
Facebook offers 4 monetizing options
- Instream ads– You need at least 10,000 followers and must pass and remain compliant with Facebook monetization policies. A total of 600,000 eligible minutes viewed in the last 60 days is required.
- Fan subscriptions– 250+ Return visitors or 10,000 followers and one of the following in the last 60 days: 50,000 Post engagements.
- Subscription groups– Most Facebook subscription fees range from R 50- R300 monthly. You need at least 50,000 post engagements or 180,000 watch minutes in the last 60 days: with 250+ returning viewers or 10,000 followers.
- Branded content: Only page admins for the relevant page are eligible, The page must be published in an eligible country. You must have at least 1,000 followers. As of the last 60 days, you must have 15,000 post engagements, 180,000 minutes viewed, or 30,000 one-minute views for 3-minute videos.